Thursday, November 1, 2012

Saw it. Pinned it. Did it. Halloween Edition.

I had an epiphany last week.
I thought I was a genius and so unique.
I wanted to be the Ninja Turtles for Halloween.
Before you go and burst my bubble, don’t worry, its already been done. I’m well aware (now) that I missed the memo about everyone and their sister already having been the fearless foursome.
However, I didn’t let that stop me.
Last night my dream was fulfilled and I finally got to rock it as Donatello.

I’ve never been one to buy a Halloween costume, I think making the costume is half the fun!
Yes, we could have purchased a Ninja Turtles shirt at almost any store in North America but it was way more fun to put it together ourselves! 







At the last minute we decided to add the tutus but where does one buy a green tutu?
Oh that’s right, one doesn’t buy, one makes!
Off to Pinterest I went to figure out how to craft a green ballerina skirt. (Plus, I now had a reason to link-up with Katie and Steph) I followed these instructions (loosely) and I think they turned out pretty awesome.

Just working in the car...told you it was last minute

finished tutus!





Now I just have to find another reason to wear it.
Christmas is just around the corner, ugly sweater party anyone?

XOXO
-Emmy

7 comments:

  1. i love this outfit!!

    such a cute idea to do with your friends. and the tutu was a perfect touch!!

    well done!

    cheeriosandbeer

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look adorable!! great job girl :) I love me some tutu's!! thank you for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We made our own TMNT costume to wear yesterday for Halloween, too! I love the tutu idea. Too cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yall look so cute! Love the tutu addition!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the costume! When I was in college, my roommates and I dressed up as the TMNT, but your costumes look way better than ours, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is the most awesome costume ever!! love the tutu addition to it as well!

    ReplyDelete