Thursday, October 25, 2012

Saw It. Pinned It. Did It.



When I saw this new link up by two of my most favorite bloggers, Katie and Steph, I thought to myself "I have to participate".
But then I realized something
I stare at Pinterest for hours a day and am constantly pinning things however, putting those pins to use is something I have yet to do. 
One day I will.
When I own a house.
Or get married.
Or have an endless amount of free time and gift cards to Michael's. 

So you see my problem, what would I link up? 
Then I remembered..one time I saw, I pinned and I failed.
I figured that must kind of count? 
They never said you had to succeed at said pin.

It started last Christmas when my mom asked me to make a dessert. 
I instantly remembered these adorable cookies I saw on Pinterest:



Seemed pretty easy, right? 
I bought the ingredients, put on some Christmas music and got to work.

Everything was going well until I realized I bought the 'gel' version of the icing tubes. 
"can't make that big of a difference" - I thought

hold up: this post just lost its climax: I guess I was SO embarrassed I deleted the pictures but I can assure you they looked worse than both of these (at least I'm not the only one who failed):

VIA

VIA

If I ever stumble across those pictures in a trash can somewhere you best believe I will redeem by failed cookies and post them here :)

XOXO
-Emmy

5 comments:

  1. Hey new follower comeing over from the link up. I totally agree with you about pinning a bunch of stuff but not exactly doing them. I think that not counting my wedding I've only done like 3 things that I've pinned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!!! SO funny!! Girl...you will most likely NEVER see me doing a "baking" pin...sister can NOT bake...like to save my life so props to you for even attempting to make these lol.

    Thanks for linking up!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like me...I always manage to buy the wrong thing when baking/cooking. And it's typically not something that should have been substituted. Oh well..makes for a funny story. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So funny!!! Love this!! Good try! :)

    ReplyDelete